Sharing Thoughts and Ideas for a Healthier Environment

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Eye Opener: Junk on the Brain

Part I

Antiques/ antiquing:  A decorative object, piece of furniture or other work of art created in an earlier period that is collected and valued for its beauty, workmanship and age.

Junk/Junking: Anything that is regarded as worthless.

Flea market: A type of bazaar where inexpensive or secondhand goods are sold or bartered
Thrift shop: A retail store that sells secondhand goods at reduced prices.
Upcycling: The process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value.
 Resale shop: An establishments run by charitable organization to raise money.

PART II

The terms have to do with environmental health because it encompasses recycling, or refurbishing, and sustainability  by means of saving waste that all aids in being eco- friendly toward the environment.

Farther Time Antiques
395 S. Lake Ave
Duluth MN 55802
218-625-2379
http://local.yahoo.com/info-24345561-father-time-antiques-duluth
Junk
Chesney auto salvage
6250 Beaver River Road
Duluth Mn 55803
http://www.chesneyautosalvage.com/

Flea Market
Junkologie
Alvn.mail@gmail.com (The only contact available)
http://www.junkologie.com

Thrift shop
Goodwill
700 Garfield Ave
Duluth Mn
218-722-6351
http://www.goodwill.org/

Upcycle
Bayside Recycling Corporation
220 South 39th Avenue  West Duluth , MN
218-628-3109
http://www.baysiderecycling.com/

Resale shop
Dannie Duluth
932 E. 4th Street
Duluth MN
218 724-8507
http://dannieduluth.com/

I have in the past and occasionally still will buy items from a resale or thrift store. I think it’s economical and the items, at times, are gently used. It all depends on what I’m looking for but I think  a resale shop is a great concept to help save money.  You can really find some bargains if you look hard enough!

Part III

JunkMarketstyle wedding at Marburger Farm
I like the antique wedding project because I personally liked the antique rings that were displayed. I liked that it was certified GIA so people have some gurantee. I also thought the concept in general was innovated because most traditional weddings are extremely expensive, so I thought having this one stop shop to shop for a wedding is very unique as well as time and money saving idea.

How to make a swinging bed
This project caught my interest because I wanted to know how one can make a swinging bed. At first I thought of a Hammock, but this was a little different. I thought it was such an innovated idea. I think it’s a nice touch if you have a lot of outdoor space it seems like it can be very serene and relaxing.

Candleholder project
I thought that this was very creative way to display candles. I liked that it looks vintage buy yet has style to it. It very unique and adds a lot of décor to the home.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been in Dannie Duluth (your losted resale shop), but I drive by it a lot. After this Eye Opener I'm a little more intrigued to go in and look around!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog